ATSEP Basic Training Course
The first step is to take the ATSEP Basic Training Course. The goal of this course is to learn the basic concepts. After completing the ATSEP Basic Training Course, students are allowed to enroll into the different ATSEP Qualification Training Courses.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
- EASA / Reg. 373 – Annex XIII to ED Decision 2017/001/R
- ICAO Doc. 10057
The students will have acquired fundamental knowledge of the operational and technical aspects of Air Traffic Management (ATM) and CNS environment:
- International and national organizations and standards
- Air traffic services, airspace standards, aeronautical information systems and meteorology
- CNS/ATM concepts
- INTRODUCTION: Description of the ATM work environment.
- AIR TRAFFIC FAMILIARISATION: Description of the role of ATC in the ATM environment.
- AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SERVICES: Definition of the organisation of AIS.
- METEOROLOGY: Description of the impact of meteorology on aircraft and ATS operations and the importance of meteorological information in ATM.
- COMMUNICATION: Description of the principles used in Voice and Data communications.
- NAVIGATION: Description of the basic principles of navigation and navigational aids and their use in ATM.
- SURVEILLANCE: Description of the principles used in Primary Radar, Secondary Radar and other Surveillance systems, and their use in ATM operations.
- DATA PROCESSING: Description of the principles used in data processing and their use in ATM operations.
- SYSTEM MONITORING & CONTROL (SMC): Definition of the SMC function and description of its basic principles.
- MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES: Description of the general maintenance strategy and procedures.
- FACILITIES: Description of the facilities and definition of the level of performance required.